With winters around the corner, everyone is gearing up to face the chill. New season brings a lot of different things with it. Most significant ones being new vegetables and fruits like carrots, oranges, radish, spinach and ofcourse, strawberries! Like mango is the king of summers, strawberry is the king of winters, atleast for me. I love these two fruits.
During a recent shopping spree in the local market, my eyes fell upon a box full of red strawberries at a fruit vendor.The first of this season. That very moment I decided to make a dish over the coming weekend using strawberries and bought a box. I pondered over what to make and finally decided to make what I made in the summers using Mango, i.e. a souffle.
Souffle is a french dish which means ‘to puff’. Usually people bake a souffle but my recipe involves no baking hence, it’s very easy and quick. There are just 5 ingredients used to make this no-bake souffle.
- 500ml vanilla ice cream
- 200ml Cream
- Ground sugar (to taste depending on how sweet the fruit is)
- Gelatin (1 tablespoon)
- Mangoes (2 whole) /Strawberries (300 grams)
- To a cup of lukewarm water, add 1 tablespoon of gelatin and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
- Soften the vanilla ice cream by keeping it in a bowl for 5-10 minutes and add cream to it.
- To this add some fruit puree (For the Puree: Grind the 1 mango’s pulp or 150 grams of chopped strawberries to make a thick paste)
- Add some ground sugar to the above (according to taste) and whisk all together.
- Once mingled well, add the water containing the gelatin (step 1) into this mixture and whisk again for about a minute.
- While whisking,You will see the mixture starting to thicken and settle. That’s what the gelatin is used for, thickening.
- Add some chopped mangoes/strawberries to this batter.
- Pour this final mixture in a serving bowl refrigerate it for about 2-3 hours.
- Once the souffle is set i.e. the consistency is semi solid , garnish with some chopped/sliced mangoes/strawberries before serving.
Serve chilled and with a smile 🙂
A souffle can be made with any berry of your choice such as Rasberry , Blueberry etc or with even Chocolate (hmm..heaven). My favorites are mango and strawberry! Hope you all try this and do let me know how you found it by commenting below or emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org